Category: Current Production
| Published: 25 March 2014
| Hits: 6482
DRAMA MAMAS and PAPAS WANTED
FOR HELP WITH the spring musical!
More information provided during each production
See what jobs are available and volunteer to be part of our great parent team!
In return, you can see the show for free that performance!
Helpful things you can do!
- Provide water and/or snacks on a DRESS REHEARSAL DATE: after school
- Provide water and/or snacks for backstage before a show (see dates above)
- Help decorate and set up the lobby before the shows start
- Help host/supply food for the cast party after the closing evening show
Jobs on the performances dates: Be there at 6 p.m. for evening shows
- Need one or more parents to be responsible for decorating the lobby with items provided. This can be done ahead of time and also will involve some last minute work. Also will need to be taken down at end of performance run.
- Need one “GREETER” per show to stand at front door and greet people. Separate the people into the right lines — “will call tickets” and “purchase tickets at the door”. This will help make the lines move faster and also keep down the number of folks crowding into the lobby.
- Need one “TICKET TAKER” per show to stand just inside the auditorium and take tickets for ALL people coming in the door. Simply tear the stub off and direct them to an usher, who will then seat them and provide a program. Requires making sure that people don’t crowd past you.
- Need two or three “USHERS” per show to stand in various places in the auditorium. Help patrons find their numbered seats in the right row, help elders if needed, answer questions if needed. This should streamline getting folks seated and ready for the show to start on time.
- Need two “CONCESSIONS SELLERS” per show to set up and sell water. Involves keeping track of inventory and money box resolution at end of night.
- Need one “WILL-CALL TICKETS” person per show to sit at table in lobby and look up alphabetically filed envelopes containing tickets that were pre-ordered. Give the tickets to the patron and deal with any questions which arise. Direct them to the door to the ticket taker.
- Need two “SELL TICKETS AT DOOR” people to sit at table in lobby and sell tickets to folks who come to purchase tickets that night. This involves pre-learning the computer ticketing system!!! It also will involve money handling and resolution.
We will train you and provide everything needed to do your job – just bring your enthusiasm!